[Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Wed Nov 18 22:10:58 EST 2015

>>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Amps [mailto:amps-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Manfred Mornhinweg
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:24 PM
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE 1.3K-FA and FTDX-5KMP

>snip<

While being fair, of course we can still have an innocent little laugh. 35,000 lines of code equals roughly 600 printed pages. No
human being could possibly keep full track of how such a large program works!

>>>Nonsense. With appropriate use of modularity, abstraction, and iterative development, competent software engineers can
successfully implement, test, document, deploy, and maintain systems that involve millions of lines of high-level language source
code.

>>>On the other hand, 200 lines of defect-laden spaghetti code can be inscrutable.

        73,

                Dave, AA6YQ