[Amps] Ameritron ALS 500M

Mike Feher n4fs at eozinc.com
Sat Nov 21 10:55:06 EST 2015

I probably should have asked these questions prior to buying one, but, one
just arrived yesterday and it will still be helpful to get some user input.

So, I just bought the subject amp and the matching Ameritron power supply. I
would have preferred a tube amp, but, I am just no longer able to maneuver
heavy items like I used to.

So, this amp is about 3 dB less than a full KW, but should be adequate for
my needs. I would like some observations from users regarding actual
performance, duty cycle heat handling. For example can I use it on AM for
about a 10 minute transmission? Would be nice but not necessary as I see
myself using it mostly on SSB and CW.

All feedback appreciated. Thanks & 73 - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd.

Howell, NJ, 07731

732-886-5960