[Amps] Tl 922 mods

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 29 00:32:05 EDT 2015

Nice boards. Great idea on the LEDs.  But really PRICY!

And Don I see you also subscribe to Rich's parasitic myths and how to cure
them. As well as the filament voltage "issues" which I believe are
overblown. I don’t like the grids not connected directly to ground the way
Eimac recommends them to be.

All of the TL-922s that I have put new tubes into had the tubes destroyed by
them shorting (which they do in all amplifiers, even ones with parasitic
mods) or gassey tubes.

In all my years, I have never seen a low output 3-500 tube from a ham
amplifier. Only damaged tubes either mechanically (plates falling off) or
eclectically.

73
Jim W7RY