[Amps] Filament monitoring - LOOKING FOR ELMER

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Apr 9 00:27:21 EDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 22:49:24 -0400, Chris wrote:

>Ok, before we go exploring the circuitry a necessary statement, this
>amplifier contains voltages that will kill you dead if you put yourself in
>contact with them.

REPLY:

I would add one thing:  NEVER trust a volt meter that reads zero. What
you want is to see the meter read full voltage, then slowly decay to
zero when you turn the power off.  That you can trust. And just to be
safe, after you watch it decay to zero, take a jumper wire or
screwdriver and short the B+ to ground. There should be no spark.

There is no second chance with this stuff.

73, Bill W6WRT