[Amps] Dual 3-1000Z amp problem

Clark Turner Clark at ClarkTurnerTuning.com
Thu Apr 21 11:16:27 EDT 2016

Thank you for the reply. We found that I had used the wrong value plate
load impedance when making my tuning chart.  Once the network was tuned
for 3K ohms, things started to work as they should.  The amp will run
3000 or more out with a 100 watt radio now with the tuned input. The
only trouble I am having now is the weak RF parts Plate choke. Its
starting to unwind on my again when running on 15 meters. We are going
to have to wind a new 2.5 to 3 amp rated choke and install it. The issue
is that the PS is a 3 amp PWD transformer and if you get an oscillation,
glitch or mistune the amp even for a second, the 1.5 amp rated choke is
the weak link and it goes. This is my second one and its already showing
some hot spots.