[Amps] FS Viewstar PT-3000A amplifier

Fern Rivard crc at cyberlink.ca
Sat Dec 3 17:52:56 EST 2016

    I recently acquired an alpha 9500 hf amplifier and so far am satisfied with it so have decided to sell my coveted and very rare Viewstar PT-3000A hf amplifer as there apparently were only six of those produced . It uses a single 8877 tube in final and covers 160 to 10 meters. It has the factory installed QSK option and also has the optional auxiliary fan at the rear of the amp. It’s in the same cabinetry as the more common Viewstar PT-2500 or B&W 2500 which used a pair of 3-500Z in the final. It uses a pi-L network rather than just a pi network for better harmonic suppression. I also have all 3 of the factory boxes to facilitate shipping same although I would prefer if someone in the pacific northwest would meet me half way.
Paul Hvyniak who presently owns Palstar built the Viewstar amplifiers when he lived in Toronto. He was a good friend of Fred Hammond VE3HC of Hammond Manufacturing so the tuning capacitors and transformers are all hammond product. The plate transformer weighs around 40 lbs and it uses a separate filament transformer. The 8877 tube is full output without any issues but I do have spare 8877’s in case new owner would like a good spare. I’ve also replaced all the filter caps some time ago but found that the originals were still all ok so would supply them with the amp as spares.
I can provide photos of the exterior as well as the interior to any interested parties.
73 from Fern  VE7GZ