[Amps] Stock up on tubes?

Roger D Johnson n1rj at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 5 17:27:48 EST 2016

This is like swapping engines in a car. It sounds simple but is fraught with
problems.

1. Input Z of 8877 is different requiring rebuilding of input circuits.

2. Power transformer will not handle increased requirement of more powerful tube.

3. Completely new pressurized cooling system needed.

4. Output circuit might not handle increased power.

5. ad infinitum

73, Roger