[Amps] Stock up on tubes?

Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] peter at frenning.dk
Tue Dec 6 10:40:41 EST 2016

Den 06-12-2016 kl. 16:01 skrev Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]:
> Den 06-12-2016 kl. 15:26 skrev Catherine James:
>> Is that VSWR of 65:1 key-down transmit at 1,700 watts, without any pulsing?  So if I accidentally transmit normal hand-sent slow CW into a bad antenna mismatch, no damage will occur?
>>
>> I've gotten really suspicious of those high SWR claims for solid-state power devices because they are always qualified heavily by duty cycle.
>>
>> --Cathy

Well Cathy, my homebrew 144MHz LDMOS amp survived doing this to the
output relay (See:
http://www.frenning.dk/OZ1PIF_HOMEPAGE/LDMOS_SSPA.html (Towards the end
of the article))

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** The day Microsoft makes something	**
** that doesn't suck is probably the 	**
** day they start making vacuum		**
** cleaners ! 				**
**      	-- Anonymous Wise Guy	**
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk