[Amps] The cost of amplifiers, radios

Charlie Young weeksmgr at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:46:36 EST 2016

My converted SB220 for 6 meters has more power output than it ever did in the stock configuration with the same tubes, 1300/1400 watts if pushed.

I don't run it there, typically use it at 1KW output.   My work is 99% CW and typically short DX type QSO's.   I would not attempt high duty cycle transmissions with the existing plate transformer without cutting the power output in half, at least.  Likely I would get another transformer or another amplifier if we ever attempt JT65.

My conversion was done by W1QJ.

73 Charlie N8RR