[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

Michelle michelle_melt at windstream.net
Mon Dec 12 10:01:33 EST 2016

Hi Group,
    I have converted a Drake L4B to 6 meters and I seem to be stuck at 750 watts output, I have tried a PI input (no change) , different tank coils (less output), The current setup listed below I have checked both input and output with a antenna analyzer at 50.125 and they both seem to be right on spec. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Plate volt 2300 under load
plate current .650
Grid 220
Drive 100 watts
Output 750 watts

Input circuit T match (works as it should, flat match)
Plate cap 3-30 pf vacuum variable
Load cap 25-350 pf (original Drake plate cap) 1/3 meshed at max output.
Tank circuit PI-L, L1 3 1/2 turns 1/4" copper tubing 1 1/2" id, L2 4 turns 16 ga 1" id.
RF choke 42 turns of 22 ga on 1" porcelain form
Bifilar choke Stock Drake 20 turns each leg of 10 ga on 5/8 ferrite rod
All grid pins directly grounded to chassis
Parasitic suppressors are 47 ohm 2 watt with 1 turn 16 ga
T/R relay changed to vacuum relays

What am I missing here? Has to be something really simple I'm overlooking,

Thanks again for your comments,

73s
Michelle
WB8QGR