[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

Ed Stallman ed.n5dg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:32:09 EST 2016

##   .25 inch OD  tubing has the same aprx circumference as  .375 inch wide strap.  Strap conducts RF on
BOTH sides.  Tubing only conducts RF on the outside of the tubing.   .5 inch wide strap =  .318 inch OD tubing.
Again, strap, wound flat, has no stray C between adjacent turns. Easy to wind flat strap coils vs tubing coils,
+ overall diam is reduced greatly.

Where can one find the .5 inch wide strap =  .318 inch OD ? Maybe McMaster Carr ? I've seen some hammer the 1/4 copper tubing flat but it looked tacky

Ed

On 12/12/2016 11:00 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> ##   .25 inch OD  tubing has the same aprx circumference as  .375 inch wide strap.  Strap conducts RF on
> BOTH sides.  Tubing only conducts RF on the outside of the tubing.   .5 inch wide strap =  .318 inch OD tubing.
> Again, strap, wound flat, has no stray C between adjacent turns. Easy to wind flat strap coils vs tubing coils,
> + overall diam is reduced greatly.

---