[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

Michelle michelle_melt at windstream.net
Mon Dec 12 13:58:37 EST 2016

Jim,

##  I would not run the L4B  with oem zero bias either. The resulting idle
current
is way too high. 220-230 ma.   You can knock the idle current down to 100
ma,
when on high B+ position, with just 8 x diodes in the CT.   Which will also
result in
40 ma when on low B+ position.   And nobody will complain about IMD in
either
position.

>> I am using the "self" cut off bias which gives 100 ma idle current<<

##  She now has a 6M monoband amp, with everything optimized for 6m.   I
would check the slug
if a bird  or CD wattmeter used.  Dont trust the drake internal
wattmeter..esp on 6m.

>> I will check the Bird and the slug. I never trust the internal wattmeter.

Michelle