[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

Michelle michelle_melt at windstream.net
Mon Dec 12 23:59:24 EST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Baldock
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 10:51 PM
To: Michelle ; amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

Michelle

Did you say that you are running the 2 tubes a zero bias and have
about 100mA idle current. I think it should be more like 200mA in the
SSB position. This would suggest that either your high voltage is
low, or that one tube is not working/connected. One tube would be a
good reason for only getting 600W PEP.
- Paul

Paul,
The 100 ma idle current was due to the "self" cut off bias mod I installed,
I have since found out 100 ma is to low and
I am in the process of trying to raise it back up.

Michelle