[Amps] Vertical Ant & Ground Loss [WAS: MOSFET amp filtering now soil]

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:07:55 EST 2016

On 12/12/2016 10:16 PM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
> Jim Brown wrote:

>> Lousy soil does NOT vary the vertical angle, it simply attenuates the
>> signal.

   Are we discussing lousy soil or lossy soil?

   NVIS operations depends on something conductive below a low antenna
that aims the signal straight up like a two element beam, usually
supplied by a second wire a foot above the dirt and grass.
   NVIS is only effective on 160, 80 and sometimes 40 meters.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.