[Amps] Vertical Ant & Ground Loss [WAS: MOSFET amp filtering now soil]

Catherine James catherine.james at att.net
Tue Dec 13 11:26:48 EST 2016

I am not the person who wrote the "lousy soil does NOT vary the vertical angle".  I'm not sure why my name is included below.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR

 Subject: Re: [Amps] Vertical Ant & Ground Loss [WAS: MOSFET amp filtering now soil]
 To: "amps" <amps at contesting.com>
 Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 10:07 AM

 On Mon,12/12/2016 1:55 PM, Catherine James wrote:

 >> Lousy soil does NOT vary the vertical angle, it simply attenuates the signal.

    Are we discussing lousy soil or lossy soil?

    NVIS operations depends on something conductive below a low antenna
 that aims the signal straight up like a two element beam, usually
 supplied by a second wire a foot above the dirt and grass.
    NVIS is only effective on 160, 80 and sometimes 40 meters.
 --
    Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:

    Every action results in unwanted side effects.