[Amps] keying issue resolved

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Wed Dec 28 10:14:10 EST 2016

Yes, an optically coupled MOSFET relay will work fine, and is what I use
in my StationPro keying circuit. Two other considerations are the
on-state resistance and the switching time. The PLA140 relay which I use
has a maximum on-state resistance of 8 ohms. Relay data sheets always
include this info.
73,
Jim W8ZR