[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Dec 29 00:25:55 EST 2016

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 22:42:35 -0500, Mark wrote:

>Quote: "Your license says Amateur Radio Operator, not Engineer or
>Technician or Homebrewer."
>
>That is just total horse manure.  Your Amateur Radio License gives you the
>PRIVILEGE of making engineering decisions, to make technical design changes,
>to homebrew all manner of things.  This is not only encouraged, it is
>expected.

REPLY:

Horse manure right back at ya!  Giving the privilege is not the same
as establishing a requirement. Look at the Extra Class exam - pretty
basic stuff, right?  But that's all the FCC requires for a license.

All your additional "requirements" spring from your imagination.

I've been a ham since 1957 and worked in electronics all my life but I
would never look down on someone who passed the test but is only
interested in on the air operating.  If he or she has that ticket in
hand, he or she is as much a ham as I am.

Again, to each his own.

73, Bill W6WRT