[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears’ Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Dec 29 05:13:33 EST 2016

I'd have to check, but I think my DX-2sp is closer to 20 db.  With the
FTDX5000 which runs 200 watts out, I just back off the power to keep it
happy and the signal clean at 1500 out.

It's a manual tune amp with the ability to go 2500 PEP, but loafs along
at 1500 out with a very clean signal, plus it has the overhead to run
the legal limit, any mode.

My 3 other transceivers are 100 W out, but I've noticed that the top end
rigs are moving toward 200 W out.

I see no problem with doing away with the 15 db gain limit.  I do have a
4CX 3000, as well as a couple of Triodes "with handles" and a bunch of
FU728Fs and 4CX1500s. There's also 3 3CX800s I've kinda thought 1 or 2
would go in the 76A. I was building up some amps until I lost the use of
my left hand, but it's slowly coming back.  I haven't given up hope on
the projects yet.

73

Roger (K8RI)