[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 30 18:50:03 EST 2016

Great post, Rob!  Like many hams, especially older ones, I started down
the learning path before I started high school. 60 years later, I'm
still trying to learn new stuff, and to better understand the stuff I
thought I knew. :)

Another important part of ham radio is sharing our knowledge and helping
each other out. Older hams helped me learn about radio, helped me learn
CW, helped me with antennas, and even gave me my first rig (a 40M
Command set).  Now that I'm one of the older guys, I try to do my part,
passing it forward.

Some ham clubs still practice that side of ham radio. The North Shore
Radio Club near Chicago, The Santa Cruz County Radio Club, and the
Northern California Contest Club all do that in different ways, but they
do it, and do it quite well. When I moved to CA from IL 10 years ago, I
joined NCCC and put out the word on the email reflector that I needed
help with antennas. The next morning, two guys were standing in my
driveway, and they had both driven an hour to get there!

73, Jim K9YC