[Amps] Shunt resistors for a bridge made of 6A10 diodes in

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Tue Feb 2 11:39:40 EST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:25:39 -0800, Jim wrote:

>  Dont put  ANY  shunt resistors  across a 6A10.  They don’t need them!

REPLY:

I agree with Jim but I would qualify that a little. The 6A10s must be
identical, i.e. from the same manufacturer and same batch. Do not try
to mix and match. The safest way to purchase them is "tape and reel"
so you can be sure they are all the same.

Unless they are truly identical, the reverse voltage will not divide
equally across each diode and one or more may exceed their PIV rating.
If you can not do this, then by all means use equalizing resistors.

73, Bill W6WRT