[Amps] HV Transformer

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 12:29:15 EST 2016

Until I rewound my first xfmr back in the 1980s (HV to LV, 750VA),
I also used to think it was difficult. The most recent rewind was LV
to HV, 4500VA. Being from a medical device, it has a split bobbin,
with two tapped primaries that allow it to run on 100/120/200/240V.
The core has enough iron to support 50 Hz:
http://tinyurl.com/wa7prc-transformer.
Thanks go to Manfred XQ2FOD and his info on his website, and
a coworker of mine.

A transformer shop in OR had the NMN (Nomex-Mylar-Nomex) paper
I needed, and a local shop vacuum-pressure "varnish" (actually,
polyester) impregnated it free-gratis. The salvaged xfmr cost zero.
My investment was about $100 for a spool of HML (heavy
polyimide-coated) 18ga wire and 3X the needed NMN paper.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC