[Amps] Need for bias switch (CW/SSB)

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 08:55:52 EST 2016

Sounds like class B; plate current flows for 180 degrees of the excitation
cycle.

On the issue of key clicks and class C: Up until mid to late 50's when SSB
came along, all of the ham amplifiers were class C and there was a lot more
cw  then than these days.

The key click issue was handled by paying attention to the rise and fall
time of the cw waveform. Same thing happens today without our knowledge as
the  radio manufacturer handles the issue in the design stage. As you may
know, some  manufacturers do a better job than others.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/17/2016 7:46:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,