[Amps] Need for bias switch (CW/SSB)

Vic Rosenthal k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:26:09 EST 2016

Close to cutoff is class B. If the amplifier has a combination of fixed bias plus some way of generating additional bias when driven (e.g. a grid resistor in a grid-driven amp) then it can move deeper into class C as drive increases. This is a way to reduce CW clicks and still have the efficiency of class C.

Vic