[Amps] Amplifier description?

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Tue Jan 19 08:41:38 EST 2016

Hi Petter,

> Could  someone with English as their first language please describe what this amplifier really does?
> I have some trouble getting all the technical details right.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/25W-UHF-power-amplifier-car-radio-amplifier-transceiver-automatically-converted-/181684354927?tfrom=181943715088&tpos=top&ttype=coupon&talgo=undefined

Ha ha!!!  I absolutely love it!!!!

If I wrote something sophisticated in English, and then used an online
translator to convert it into Chinese, probably readers in China would get a
good laugh too!

Anyway, my interpretation is that it's a 25 watt UHF amplifier, with internal
TX/RX switching, intended for boosting the output of a 2 to 5 watt UHF handy
transceiver. And it seems to be built around one of those typical hybrid ICs,
rather than a naked transistor.

Manfred