[Amps] Oldie but Goodie MLA2500 questions

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Sun Jun 5 20:57:55 EDT 2016

Since the resonances change when in circut it should still cover WARC's; I
have no problem with my MLA 2500 backup amp. Nor the Clipperton L and
DTR-2000L here that use the same choke with 3-4 turns removed and mostly
used on AM including WARC.

I also use a pair of 2200pf 6KV discs as the choke bypass; makes a noticable
improvement on 160 (along with other changes) plus Dentrons are notorious
for blowing filter caps, likely from some RF getting into them.

Carl
KM1H