[Amps] 3-500Z tube problems

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 15:00:51 EDT 2016

Vic,

1986 to 1989. See http://lists.contesting.com/_amps/2014-04/msg00255.html.
Someone with the callsign "K2VCO" asked that question. Maybe you know him? ;-)
vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC

     Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016
From: Vic 4X6GP
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tube problems
.
I have seen a few of these in genuine Eimacs from a specific period. I don't recall the date codes, but I'm sure someone here knows. The problem was bad welds which allowed the grid assembly to move and touch the filament.

In the cases that I had, the short only appeared when the filament was hot. I doubt that this could be cleared by an electrical procedure, but maybe a slap on the tube in the right place would work, at least temporarily.
--
Vic 4X6GP