[Amps] Alpha 87a Low receive

Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:43:44 EDT 2016

Just one data point, but I had an 86 for at least a year, used it
heavily and the PIN diodes were fine. I am sure I accidentally
transmitted into the wrong antenna several times. I did have a pretty
good lightning protection setup with multiple ground rods and ICE
protectors that provided a DC ground path for static, so maybe that
helped protect them.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel