[Amps] Thinking out loud 3-500Z and the like gettering

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Jun 19 19:47:19 EDT 2016

A common process is using Induction Heating with graphite crucibles,
 From wikipedia...
"Induction heating is often used to heat graphite crucibles (containing
other materials) and is used extensively in the semiconductor industry
for the heating of silicon and other semiconductors."

I believe that this is still a very risky way to heat a precious RF tube
just to help gettering. Bombarding the anode and grid with beam (while
staying within allowable dissipations) is straight forward. Or just
using the tubes as the OEM intended and allow the getter to work via
normal operation of the tube.

73
John
K5PRO