[Amps] AL-80A - Won't tune on 160m.

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Jun 22 18:56:06 EDT 2016

I managed to fix my issues with the metering circuits on the AL-80A. However, while it appears to work correctly on 80-10m, I cannot get the output network circuit to resonate on 160m.

I hooked it up to a dummy load, fed about 35 watts, keyed and tune. Peak output is achieved at maximum C for both Plate and Load, but it’s only maybe 100 watts out, and the tuning is very broad. Nothing like 80m, which works fine.

Any suggestions?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901