[Amps] Bird slugs component values ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 10 13:18:23 EST 2016

Also consider a high quality electronic meter like N8LP's LP100A. It's
factory calibrated up to 6M, is auto-ranging, and reads complex V and I
to compute power and VSWR. It reads peak hold, average, and continuous
instantaneous peak for tuning. By the time you buy a Bird and a bunch of
slugs, you could buy an LP100A and have money left over. BTW -- an
LP100A can handle two sensors and switch automatically or manually
between them. I'm using a pair of sensors on the outputs of the two Ten
Tec 425s in my SO2R station.

I own a couple of Birds with a bunch of slugs. They only way they get
used now is at VHF and UHF.

73, Jim K9YC