[Amps] Plate choke failure

Clark Turner Clark at ClarkTurnerTuning.com
Fri Mar 18 17:44:13 EDT 2016

Last night while tuning my Amp, 2 x 3-1000Z, into the dummy load on 75
meters, I accidentally turned the Roller inductor instead of the Antenna
load Crank.  The two turns counters are side by side and I was not
paying attention.  Thought you guys might like to see this odd falure.
The coil sections have shrunk on the form and stacked the wires into a
tighter band.  I installed this choke myself a month ago and at the time
got a spare. They used to be identical.