[Amps] Oldie but Goodie MLA2500 questions

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Wed May 25 17:32:40 EDT 2016

About ten years ago I acquired a 2500 that had been backfitted with a
pair of 3CX800s.  The amp has been sitting in a shipping box since we
returned from our last trip to J7 in 2007.

I'm finishing up some refurbishing (caps, diodes, step start, etc.)
before giving the amp to one of the locals.  This morning I noticed that
the RF plate choke is looking a bit worn.

1. Does anyone have an original MLA2500 plate choke lurking at the
bottom of their junk box?  The original choke is pretty small (3" tall),
so I haven't been able to find a commercial replacement.

2. If I have to rewind the choke, does anyone have the value and/or
design info?  All the manual says is "Choke Plate."  I've gone through
the amps archives and done a bit of googling looking for info.

thanks

73 charlie, k1xx