[Amps] "Conventional" current flow

Jerry O. Stern jsternmd at att.net
Sat Nov 19 15:38:31 EST 2016

Hi Jim

Great explanation as always.  So if "flow" is a mathematical construct, in
the early days of modern electricity why did the great fathers arbitrarily
pick current flow opposite of electron movement?  Couldn't they have
reversed it and maintained the concept at least wrt electrons while
maintaining the same mathematical construct of ignoring the sign of the
charges?  It just seems like an unnecessary non-intuitive notation was
introduced to throw off the non-physicist.

73 Jerry
NY2KW (ex-K1JOS)