[Amps] 3D Printed ABS Plastic for Chimneys?

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Wed Nov 23 15:02:41 EST 2016

There's not an issue with RF as you suspect assuming the pigments or any
additives in the ABS are not RF conductive - but the heat is a problem.
Pure ABS is a low temp material and that tube is going to melt that about
the first time you warm it up.  And ABS resin with common additives is still
going to have a melt temp (HDT) way too low.

The safe bet is to use automotive silicon turbocharger hose.  You cannot
melt it and it's not RF conductive.  About $20 for a 1' length of 4" at the
performance car parts jobber near you.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie