[Amps] SB-220 update and gettering

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sat Nov 26 21:41:14 EST 2016

This is a good way to run a lot of dissipation with low voltage swing in
the tube. I have seen this done at one of the National Labs for large RF
triodes, for same effect. The anode of the tube in the procedure (seen
in AL80?) is sheet metal with the vertical folds. These respond well as
the anode is adsorbing free ions. With this procedure, be careful not to
exceed the dissipation max of the plate of the tube, measured by Ep x
Ip. I would recommend not going above 2/3 of this, unless you know/trust
the cooling design of the amplifier well and that the blower and air
ducting provides the correct mass flow (and back pressure) for full
dissipation.

73
John
K5PRO