[Amps] A cheer for the SPE 2K

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Tue Nov 29 20:02:41 EST 2016

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 00:35:31 +0000, you wrote:

>I am quite happy with my SPE Expert 2K-FA.>
>Other than working well, what this amp provides are
>-Good amplifier
>-antenna switch, 6.
>-SWR meter.
>-two switched inputs.
>
>de K4VUD

REPLY:

I had one and I agree with all the above. It's only drawback is it
won't do legal limit on RTTY or other continuous carrier mode. After
about 5-10 seconds it overheats and drops back to MID power.

Other than that, an excellent amp. I now run an Alpha 9500 which does
not have that limitation, at about the same price but is not solid
state of  course.

73, Bill W6WRT