[Amps] gs35b hf amp

darrell wyatt darrellswyatt at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 21:17:54 EDT 2016

HI  to all of the group. Looking for a little help/knowledge. I am building a gs35b amplifier for 10-160 meters. I am having a heck of a time trying to get 10 meters output/resonance correct due to the stray capacitances. I am running around 5kvdc on the plate unloaded. It is dropping to about 4.6kvdc when loaded. I can only get about 800 watts from 10 meters with 100 watts drive into a dummy load. The amp does not have a tuned input. Does anyone know of any tricks to reduce the stray capacitances? I think I have read somewhere about adding a coil between the blocking cap and C1 but I can't find anything about that now and I don't really remember the specifics. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks & 73KK4RSV
 Darrell Wyatt