[Amps] Ampleon BLF189XR 1900W LDMOS transistor

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Oct 20 00:16:52 EDT 2016

On 10/18/2016 1:23 PM, Steve Wright wrote:
> So what?  I'm sick of the 'self appointed jesus' who police the internet
> for high-IMD amps and other sins against society.

You can say that as long as it's not *your neighbor* who is running an
illegally imported 2 KW splatter generator.

It's about time the FCC imposed  2.8 KHz bandwidth limitation with a
requirement that *all* products outside the required bandwidth be
suppressed by at least 30 dB (preferably 40 dB) plus 10*log(PEP/100)
above 100 W output.  Receiver IMD has improved by nearly 40 dB in the
last 30 years while transmitter IMD has decreased by at least 10 dB.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV