[Amps] What Do you think?

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sat Sep 10 10:55:50 EDT 2016

  Was the tube's plate glowing. If it was a solid cherry red it should be dissipating a good 1kW which means that
it is putting out about 750 Watts. Your statement about heat it was putting out got my attention. Perhaps the
Bird Watt meter was one of those re-calibrated CB ones. Which tube does it come with? A 3-1000Z is a lot more
valuable than a 4-1000A and would require less drive as well at that plate voltage as well if I recall.

73
Bill wa4lav