[Amps] Acom 2000A - typical output power?

Gary Ferdinand astronomer at w2cs.net
Sat Sep 10 12:16:27 EDT 2016

Although I’ve only run my 2000A in one RTTY contest, my experience has been different.

I have a tuned antenna system, so the amp always sees a perfect match to the feed line.  Under that condition the Acom 2000A ran 1500W RTTY without complaint and without overheating.

I also have a 9500 and does as well with RTTY, too.  I prefer the Acom 2000A to the 9500 simply because the latter is way too noisy on CW due to undamped relay noise.  YMMV of course :)

73/Gary W2CS