[Amps] Fan control

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Sat Sep 17 09:45:34 EDT 2016

Bill,

I have the temp probe for the electronic Sunbeam cooking thermometer
in the amp's airflow and it does a really nice job of displaying
current temps. I have it set so if the temp of the exhaust goes over
150, it beeps just like the Turkey is done. It would be ideal if
there were a usable output from it to trigger a SS relay to switch
wipers on the wire resistor to change fan speed as the thermometer is
sitting on top of the amp & piggyback rather than internal works fine
for this.

I think the only thing I don't like about the piggyback/external
thermostat approach is Murphy's Law of something getting dislodged,
internally mounted, that wouldn't happen.

73,

Gary
KA1J