[Amps] TL-922 80m load issue

Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:13:11 EDT 2016

I have always had a similar issue with my TL922 on the CW portion of 80
and the low end of 160. I too checked everything, including the
capacitance of the padder, and found nothing wrong. I finally replaced
the padders with higher value cspscitors. Now it tunes properly, but it
makes slightly less power than I think it should on these bands. My
suspicion is that there is insufficient inductance. Since I don't have
an antenna for these bands at present, I haven't bothered with it.

FWIW, I have directly grounded the grids, but I don't see why that
should affect the plate circuit.

If it matters, my amp is the 200/220/240v model originally sold in
Japan, and the tubes are the original Eimac tubes.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO