[Amps] Tubes, transistors, and 'abuse'

Doug Ronald doug at dougronald.com
Tue Apr 11 16:04:15 EDT 2017

I just tested the anti-static mat in front of me with an ohmmeter, and was
amazed to see the resistance was not linear with distance. The mat was on an
insulating surface, and with the probes as close as possible without
touching, I got 42 kilo ohm. At the opposite ends of the mat I got 56 kilo
ohm. The mat is about 5 mm thick, and seems to be all the same uniform
material. The backside behaved the same way. There may be some inner layer
that is of much greater conductance - can't tell...

-Doug W6DSR