[Amps] Mobile Amps ?

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 15 13:35:04 EDT 2017

Sadly "QRO" does not stand much of a chance against cell phones.  However,
there are devices out there that are available that will.  Of course, the
FCC takes a dim view on cell phone jammers, as do many who claim that they
would not be able to dial "911" should they need to.  However, most every
driver on the road continuously sees idiots texting, and driving erratically
while talking on their cells, or worse yet trying to type on them.  It makes
one wonder about the "balance of risk".  More and more laws are going into
effect (North Carolina is voting on one now) that outlaw ALL electrical
communication devices while driving.  That would include Ham Radio by the
way, so there is a connection to this issue, sort of.  As for the "audio
blasters", if they are being driven by SiriusXM or through cell phone music
sites, those can be taken out too, but one wonders what a KW at 80 meters
would do to unshielded audio wiring.

So, one last note .... there are those that kind of go berserk at the
thought/discussion of amateur amplifiers that grossly exceed maximum legal
power.  Personally, I learn a lot from those discussion and enjoy them, so I
am going to risk their ire by including a link to those that want to read a
little bit about how the above is done.  That said, I do this for a living.

https://www.jammer-store.com/

That said, I do this for a living, which is why I could not resist writing.
The devices that are sold at places like this are rather primitive broadband
noise transmitters.  The really sophisticated devices used by the military
actually make the cell phone think they are talking to a real cell phone
node/tower and can even redirect calls.

Mark
WA3JPY

p.s. Incoming .....