[Amps] Drivel

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 29 16:03:58 EDT 2017

Jim Brown" <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com said:

> To evaluate your opinion (and it is nothing but opinion, based on a
> religious belief in CW), I'd like to know exactly what emergency
> communications operations you have been a part of in the last ten years,
> and exactly what your participation entailed. And I'm not asking about
> drills or training sessions, I'm talking about real emergencies, like
> tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, explosions, wild-land fires, severe storms,
> landslides, and earthquakes.

I did not mention any participation in tornadoes, hurricanes, floods,
explosions, wild-land fire, severe storms, landslides and earthquakes.  What
I did imply was that I really take exception to debate techniques like
"asked and answered" (I guess that is actually a legal term), or where the
other person puts words in my mouth that I never said, which you just did,
and in addition makes fun of the other person by using terms like "having a
religious belief in CW", all of which are intended to raise ire, cause
emotional responses, and in general just be sarcastic and ugly.  Please
stop.

What I said was that using CW in an emergency will not get you killed.

So to reply in kind: Before I can evaluate your ability to even begin to
assess my own, I would need to know whether or not you are a pilot, how many
hours you have, whether you are instrument rated or have a Commercial or ATP
ticket.  Then I would need to know when the last time you served aboard a
U.S. Naval Ship, which ones, for how long, and in what capacity, because
that is what I *DID* talk about.

Mark
wa3jpy