[Amps] MRF151G Vs VRF2933

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Apr 30 02:11:02 EDT 2017

Thanks for the input Jim.

I wonder how a passel of these 151Gs in PP / Parallel as in the Quadra
would compare to the boards coming out of Israel?
The 151Gs, running the legal limit would be running near half their
capacity. In a circuit "almost" identical to the Quadra they should
produce a very clean signal at a good efficiency Near as I can tell,
they need a 1 ohm resistor in series with each gate and possibly some
tweaking with the transformers / combiners

For those not familiar with the quadra, it uses 8 MRF151s rated at 150W
out.  The G "appears" to be a pair of 151s in a different package.

73, Roger (K8RI)