[Amps] Multi tube amp

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Wed Dec 6 10:59:15 EST 2017

Unless  you wanted an AC/DC PS industrial Step Up/Down transformers were
very cheap in surplus shops.

The one here Ive used for all sorts of projects is 110/330 or 220/660 at
about 110# with just thin sheet metal end bells. Lots of this type of stuff
were scrapped when old mill and other industrial buildings were renovated or
razed in MA and NH. I bought this one around 67 when I was still at National
Radio. Im guesstimating at least 5KVA CCS.
No insulation problems even with a quadrupler PS and voltage sag is very
very low at 1500W RF.

I picked up 3 120/240 or 240/480 more modern ones at a similar place about
30 years ago and use them to feed 480V to the garage and trailers out back
so I didnt have to go above 10-3 outdoor UV rated cable to run tools,
compresors, and welders.

Carl