[Amps] MFJ products

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Thu Dec 7 09:59:36 EST 2017

I believe Manfred is exactly right. Linear power supplies tend to be
less trouble-prone than switchers, but when they do fail, their failure
mode can dump a significant overvoltage on their load. Fortunately, an
inexpensive crowbar overvoltage circuit solves that problem. For me, I
always prefer to use linear power supplies because they last longer and
never  cause RFI problems, which switchers are prone to. On the other
hand, the switchers are lighter and significantly more efficient than
their linear counterparts, and cheaper too, so ultimately the decision
which to use comes down to personal preference.

73,

Jim W8ZR