[Amps] Henry 2k-4 HV inductor

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 12 16:13:48 EST 2017

Henry amp iron was notorious for being failure prone in that era....I
know....I lost the choke in my 3K-A after just over 2 years....out of
warrantee.
A guy at the Henry factory told me their iron was mfgd in a guy's garage in
West LA and was not the best at the time.
I bought the Dahl choke when those guys were still in business....1980.
I don't remember the inductance but I still have the amp and it has been
fault free since then...I bought it NIB from Henry and picked it up at their
factory in 78'.
These days....I would get your original re-wound to the same spec by
Gary....W1ZM.
Does great work.

73

David Harmon