[Amps] Henry 2k-4 HV inductor

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sun Dec 24 12:52:10 EST 2017

Some good points, but I have used parallel caps on HV input inductors
with great results.    Collins used a parallel capacitor on their
power supplies for the Collins KWM2 transceiver.   Select the proper
capacitor from a handful of close values, and the voltage goes down to
800 volts with very little ripple.
If the capacitor opens up, the voltage soars to 1050 unloaded then
drops to 800 under load.... not good regulation.

So I used tuned inductors on HV supplies with similar results.

for lower voltage supplies ... 300 volts or so, I built a FET series
regulator to knock down the ripple.

Don R